Natural Factors Vitamin D3 Drops for Kids 400iu, Certified Organic, 15mL
Vitamin D supplementation is important because it's hard to get enough during long, dark, northern winters. The elderly have more difficulty synthesizing vitamin D from sunlight, some medications interfere with vitamin D absorption, and to absorb calcium which will strengthen bones and prevent fractures. Vitamin D may be useful in resisting some forms of cancer as well. Breast tissue has receptors for the vitamin D hormone. When cultured outside the body, breast cancer cells do not reproduce as readily and in fact become more normal (differentiate) in the presence of vitamin D. These studies are interpreted as evidence that higher vitamin D levels have an anti-cancer effect on breast cancer cells. There are similar reports concerning prostate cancer and cancer of the large intestine.
Vitamin D3 is the form found in fish oils and eggs, and is produced by sunlight on human skin.
- Aids in the absorption of calcium
- Strengthens bones and may prevent fractures
- Promotes cardiovascular health
- May decrease the risk of Multiple Sclerosis
- Child friendly formula and potency
- Certified organic
Vitamin D3 (Cholecalciferol).........10 mcg (400 IU)
Infants, children and adolescents 0 and up: 1 drop (0.03 mL) 1–2 times daily or as directed by a health care practitioner. Shake well before using. Keep out of the reach of children.
- The drugs cholestyramine (Questran), colestipol (Colestid), phenytoin (Dilantin), phenobarbital, orlistat (Xenical), and mineral oil all interfere with the absorption and/or metabolism of vitamin D and may require higher doses of vitamin D.
- Corticosteroids like prednisone increase the need for vitamin D.
- Vitamin D supplementation must be used with caution when using digoxin (Lanoxin) and thiazide diuretics.
- Consult a physician before using vitamin D if you are taking these drugs.
- People who have liver disease, kidney disease, primary hyperthyroidism, sarcoidosis, tuberculosis and lymphoma should consult a physician before supplementing with vitamin D.
Children: The recommended dosage for infants less than 6 months is 300 IU daily. For children over the age of one year the dosage recommendation is 400 IU or follow the advice of your health care practitioner.
Pregnancy and Nursing: Recent recommendations from the Canadian Pediatric Society suggest that pregnant and lactating women get 2,000 IU of vitamin D3 daily.
Seniors: No special precautions are known.
We Also Recommend
(Promotional Item) Webber Naturals 6x Glucosamine & Chondroitin, Extra Strength, 900 mg, 300 capsWN5137-S6
(Promotional Item) Webber Naturals 2x Glucosamine & Chondroitin, Extra Strength, 900 mg, 300 capsWN5137-S2
Webber Naturals SuperVision Herbal Formula with Lutein, Special 3-Pack, 600 capsWN7379-S3
(Promotion Item) 2x Webber Naturals Glucosamine Chondroitin 500/400mg, with Vitamin D3, 300 capsWN5255-S2