Natural Factors Vitamin C - Time Release, 1000 mg with 100mg Citrus Bioflavonoids, 180 tabs
The body's need for vitamin C increases during times of stress because vitamin C participates in the production of vital chemicals such as norepinephrine, needed for the "fight or flight" response. Vitamin C also acts as a detoxifier, helping to cleanse the body of toxins, such as cigarette smoke, carbon monoxide, etc.
Bioflavonoids are vitamin-like molecules that are found in the peel of citrus fruits and other fruits and vegetables. They enhance the activity of vitamin C and may improve the body's ability to hold and absorb vitamin C by 35%. Bioflavonoids are plant components known to improve circulation, memory and varicose veins, and to reduce high blood pressure and risk of stroke.
- Time released over 8 hours
- Enhances immune system
- Promotes wound repair
- Builds strong, healthy bones and teeth
- Powerful antioxidant
- Improves circulation and the appearance of varicose veins
Vitamin C (ascorbic acid) ..........................1000 mg
Citrus bioflavonoids . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .100 mg
- Vitamin C may increase the absorption of aluminum from aluminum-containing antacids such as ALternaGEL®, Amphojel®, Basaljel®, Nephrox®, Maalox®, and Mylanta®. Take vitamin C at least 2 hours before or after taking one of these products.
- Certain medicines, such as antibiotics, blood thinners and aspirin may interact with vitamin C. Consult your health care practitioner if you are on any medications. Some interactions may increase the need for vitamin C, other interactions may be negative.
- As this product contains citrus bioflavonoids, there is one caution: bioflavonoids are non-toxic, so drug interactions are virtually unknown; however, citrus bioflavonoids contain grapefruit flavonoids that may interact with certain medications. The reason that grapefruit is problematic with certain drugs is that it contains high levels of a flavonoid (plant pigment) called naringin. This substance reduces the activity of a group of P450 enzymes known as CYP3A enzymes.
- Your body uses these enzymes to break down certain drugs, such as calcium channel blockers (used in the treatment of high blood pressure), sedatives (for example, midazolam), cyclosporin (an immune suppressant given to people who have received organ transplants) and statins (lipid-lowering drugs). If the drugs are not metabolized, they remain in the body in higher concentrations, increasing the risk of unwanted toxic effects. If taking these drugs, be aware of this effect and consult your health care practitioner.
Pregnancy and Nursing: The dosage range during pregnancy and lactation is 100 to 500 mg daily.
Seniors: No special precautions are known.
We Also Recommend
Webber Naturals Omega-3 & CoQ10 with Plant Sterols 417/50/370mg, 200 softgelsWN5159
Webber Naturals Vitamin C Time Release 1000 mg 150 TabletsWN3272
Webber Naturals Blueberry Plus 500mg/50mg with Bilberry 120 v-capsWN5172
Webber Naturals Blueberry 36:1 Concentrate, 500 mg, 120 CapsulesWN3820