Natural Factors Vitamin B-12 Cyanocobalamin 1000mcg, 60 tabs
Many elderly people are considered to be deficient in B12, a key nutrient for energy production and immune function. Used for treatment of anemia and fatigue, B12 is required for DNA production and it requires calcium, B6 and iron to assist in its full utilization by the body. Extra B12 can be used with a complete B formula.
Vitamin B12 is the most complex of the vitamins and is the only naturally occurring organic compounds that contain cobalt. Cyanocobalamin is the commercially available and most stable form of vitamin B12.
The minimum daily requirement for vitamin B12 can be exceeded by ten thousand-fold with no signs of toxicity. Excesses are excreted in the urine. However, as the B vitamins work together, it makes sense to take a B complex when taking high amounts of any B vitamin.
- Supports the nervous system
- Helps memory and learning
- Boosts energy
- Helps control homocysteine levels
- Promotes a healthy cardiovascular system
- Enhances immune system function
- The following drugs can interfere with the absorption or utilization of vitamin B12: antibiotics, Aldomet®, Atromid-S®, azidothymidine (AZT), Azulfidine®, birth control pills, cimetidine (Tagamet®), metformin (Glucophage®), isoniazid (Laniazid®), Pepcid®, Prevacid®, Prilosec®, and ranitidine (Zantac®).
Pregnancy and Nursing: Vitamin B12 supplementation is generally regarded as safe during pregnancy and lactation. However, therapeutic dosages, such as found in stand-alone vitamins, should only be used under the supervision of a health care practitioner.
Seniors: No special precautions are known.
We Also Recommend
Webber Naturals Vitamin B6, B12 and Folic Acid, 120capsWN3813
[Promotional Item] 3x Webber Naturals B12, 1000 mcg Sublingual (Methylcobalamin), 80 Tablets Bonus PackWN3814-S3
Jamieson B12 1000 mcg Sublingual 150 tabsJL7957
Natural Factors Vitamin B-12 Methylcobalamin, 1000mcg, 90 Sublingual tabletsNF1242