Natural Factors Ultra Prim Evening Primrose Oil, 500mg, 90 softgels
This gentle method crushes the seed to release its nutritional oil, without the application of external heat or harsh solvents such as hexane. Cold-pressing enhances stability and helps preserve the nutritional components of the oil. OmegaFactors Ultra Prim is also ultra-purified to remove any organic residues or impurities, giving you a stable product without preservatives.
Evening primrose oil (EPO) is unique because it is one of the few oils that contains abundant amounts of gamma linolenic acid (GLA), an omega-6 essential fatty acid, vital to health. These essential fatty acids are needed to form important prostaglandins, particularly PGE1, that maintain and regulate vital body functions.
Evening primrose oil has been used to decrease the risk of heart disease by lowering cholesterol, decreasing the risk of blood clots (decreasing platelet aggregation), regulating blood pressure, and maintaining healthy circulation.
Evening primrose oil is often used with success by women experiencing PMS. However, men and women with a wide variety of ailments - cardiovascular disease, respiratory problems, such as asthma, arthritis, eczema and other skin problems (including teenagers with acne) - may benefit from EPO. Recent research shows that EPO may also help children with ADD and ADHD.
- Promotes healthy skin
- Excellent for eye health
- Source of omega-6 fatty acid
- Helps alleviate PMS symptoms
Evening primrose oil (Oenothera biennis) (seed)........500 mg
Gamma-linolenic acid................................................50 mg
Cis-linoleic acid.......................................................360 mg
- Consult a health care practitioner prior to use if you are taking blood thinning or antipsychotic medications.
- Evening primrose oil is safe and is well-tolerated with few side-effects.
- There is a caution with EPO and temporal lobe epilepsy: Evening primrose oil may have the potential to make manifest undiagnosed temporal lobe epilepsy, especially in schizophrenic patients and/or those already receiving known epileptogenic drugs such as phenothiazines. No epileptic events have been reported in patients not being treated with phenothiazines.
- Do not use if you are taking chasteberry, phenothiazines or if you have any seizure disorder, mania and/or schizophrenia.
Pregnancy and Nursing: Suitable for pregnant or lactating women.
Seniors: No special precautions known.
We Also Recommend
Webber Naturals SuperVision Herbal Formula with Lutein, Special 3-Pack, 600 capsWN7379-S3
(Promotion Item) 6x Webber Naturals Glucosamine Chondroitin 500/400mg, with Vitamin D3, 300 capsWN5255-S6
(Promotional Item) Webber Naturals 6x Glucosamine & Chondroitin, Extra Strength, 900 mg, 300 capsWN5137-S6
(Promotion Item) 2x Webber Naturals Glucosamine Chondroitin 500/400mg, with Vitamin D3, 300 capsWN5255-S2