Natural Factors Turmeric & Bromelain, 90 caps
- Taken between meals it helps to break down soft plaque in the blood vessels, thins the blood, helps with menstrual problems and works as an anti-inflammatory for painful joints.
- Taken with meals it is an excellent digestive aid that helps with bloating, gas and minimizes the feeling of fullness.
Bromelain, an enzyme isolated from the stem of the pineapple plant, aids in digestion by breaking down protein, and improves the absorption of turmeric. Bromelain also helps with blood vessel and joint inflammation. Bromelain blocks the body's production of kinins, reducing swelling and promoting healing. Bromelain's most common application is in the treatment of inflammation and soft tissue injuries. It has been shown to speed healing from bruises and hematomas. Treatment with bromelain following blunt injuries to the musculoskeletal system results in a clean reduction in swelling, pain at rest and during movement, and tenderness. Administration of bromelain presurgically can reduce the average number of days for complete disappearance of pain and inflammation.
- Stimulates digestion
- May reduce inflammation
- Minimizes gas and bloating
- Antioxidant protection
Turmeric extract (95% curcumin). . . . . . . . . . . . . 300 mg
Bromelain extract (pineapple source). . . . . . . . .. . 150 mg
Each gram of bromelain extract contains 1000 GDU (Gelatin digesting units) and .1500MCU (Milk clotting units)
As a digestive aid, take 1-2 capsules with meals. Keep out of the reach of children.
- Both turmeric and bromelain have a long history of safe use.
- However, persons on blood thinning medication, such as Coumadin, may want to be cautious with turmeric as it also thins the blood. Consult with your health care practitioner prior to use.
- May interact with:
- Anticoagulant/antiplatelet drugs [such as asprin, clopidogrel (Plavix), Warfarin (coumadin)]
- Amoxicillin, Tetracycline, antibiotics
Pregnancy and Nursing: Although turmeric is widely consumed as a spice in many parts of the world and animal studies demonstrate safety during pregnancy, the effects of curcumin during pregnancy and lactation have not been sufficiently evaluated in humans, it should not be used during these times unless under the direction of a health care practitioner.
Seniors: No special precautions are known.
We Also Recommend
(Promotional Item) Webber Naturals 6x Glucosamine & Chondroitin, Extra Strength, 900 mg, 300 capsWN5137-S6
(Promotion Item) 2x Webber Naturals Glucosamine Chondroitin 500/400mg, with Vitamin D3, 300 capsWN5255-S2
(Promotional Item) Webber Naturals 2x Glucosamine & Chondroitin, Extra Strength, 900 mg, 300 capsWN5137-S2
Webber Naturals SuperVision Herbal Formula with Lutein, Special 3-Pack, 600 capsWN7379-S3