Natural Factors SAMe 200mg, 30 tabs
SAMe works actively with folic acid and vitamin B12, and together can promote healthy brain functioning. Natural Factors SAMe is specially coated for ease of swallowing and maximum bioavailability, which also enhances SAMe’s stability.
Caution: Individuals who are using prescription antidepressants or who suffer from bipolar disorder should use this product only under the supervision of a health care practitioner.
- Helps to raise serotonin, dopamine and phosphatidylserine levels
- Without the side effects of prescription antidepressants
- Support for arthritic disorders
- Helps to promote bile flow and inactivate excess estrogens
S-adenosyl-L-methionine (SAMe)............................. 200 mg
For mood balance: 1- 4 tablets, 2 times daily.
For osteoarthritic pain: 1-3 tablets, 2 times daily.
Do not exceed a total of 8 tablets per day. SAMe must be taken for a minimum of 2 weeks, at which time effects should be observed. Keep out of the reach of children.
- Concurrent use of SAMe with natural substances that are used for depression, like 5-hydroxytryptophan (5-HTP) or St. John's Wort, may lead to serotonin syndrome, selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRI's), tricyclic medication, monoamine oxidase inhibitors, dextromethorphan, meperidine (Demerol), pentazocine (Talwin), tramadol (Ultram).
- Unless directed by a health care practitioner, the concurrent use of SAMe with medications that raise synaptic serotonin levels is contraindicated.
- SAMe is able to methylate levodopa and this could adversely affect the management of Parkinson's disease.
- As a natural molecule already found in the body, supplemental SAMe has proved to be very safe for long-term use with hardly any side effects, especially when compared to prescription drugs.
- There is a caution for those with bipolar disorder or manic depression. It could worsen the "mania" phase of their depression. However, a small pilot study suggests that SAMe may help boost the effects of anti depressants to help patients when regular treatments fail.
- If there are not enough B vitamins available to the body, SAMe could break down into homocysteine, an amino acid that is correlated with heart disease.
- With the proper amount of B vitamins, SAMe is re-methylated into methionine rather than homocysteine, so we suggest that anyone taking SAMe ensure they get enough B vitamins, such as found in a good multivitamin or B complex.
Pregnancy and Nursing: Considered safe during pregnancy and lactation, however, oif there are any concerns, consult a health care practitioner.
Seniors: No special precautions known.
We Also Recommend
(Promotional Item) Webber Naturals 6x Glucosamine & Chondroitin, Extra Strength, 900 mg, 300 capsWN5137-S6
(Promotion Item) 2x Webber Naturals Glucosamine Chondroitin 500/400mg, with Vitamin D3, 300 capsWN5255-S2
(Promotional Item) Webber Naturals 2x Glucosamine & Chondroitin, Extra Strength, 900 mg, 300 capsWN5137-S2
Webber Naturals SuperVision Herbal Formula with Lutein, Special 3-Pack, 600 capsWN7379-S3