Natural Factors Ginkgo Biloba PHYTOSOME™, 60mg, 60 caps
Ginkgo flavone glycosides are a balanced group of bioflavonoids primarily responsible for ginkgo’s ability to inhibit platelet aggregation (stickiness) and its antioxidant activity.
Terpene lactones (ginkgolides and bilobalide) improve circulation, inhibit platelet activating factor (PAF) and protect nerve cells. Too much PAF causes platelets to clump together, and is associated with nerve cell damage.
- Increases blood flow to the brain
- Enhances memory and concentration
- Improves circulation
- Support for vertigo and tinnitus
- May help in the early stages of Alzheimer’s
Ginkgoselect® Ginkgo biloba Phytosome®..........................60 mg
Contains standardized Ginkgo biloba extract (24% ginkgo flavone glycosides & 6% terpene lactones) bound to phosphatidylcholine in a 1:2 ratio.
- Although quite rare, ginkgo biloba extract may potentiate the effects of the blood thinning drug Coumadin® (warfarin) as well as enhance the antiplatelet effects of drugs like aspirin and Ticlid® (ticlopidine). Consult your health care practitioner prior to use.
- Ginkgo in combination with these drugs has been associated with two cases of spontaneous bleeding, although ginkgo was not definitively shown to be the cause of the problem.
- Antidepressant drugs like Prozac®, Paxil®, Zoloft®, and others are associated with reducing libido.
- In one preliminary study, ginkgo was shown to prevent loss of libido associated with these drugs.
- Mild adverse reactions including gastro-intestinal upset and headache have been reported.
Pregnancy and Nursing: The German Commission E gives no restrictions during pregnancy and lactation. However, due to ginkgo's pharmacological actions and lack of toxicity data, use of ginkgo should be avoided during this time.
Seniors: No special precautions are known.
We Also Recommend
(Promotional Item) Webber Naturals 6x Glucosamine & Chondroitin, Extra Strength, 900 mg, 300 capsWN5137-S6
(Promotional Item) Webber Naturals 2x Glucosamine & Chondroitin, Extra Strength, 900 mg, 300 capsWN5137-S2
Webber Naturals SuperVision Herbal Formula with Lutein, Special 3-Pack, 600 capsWN7379-S3
(Promotion Item) 2x Webber Naturals Glucosamine Chondroitin 500/400mg, with Vitamin D3, 300 capsWN5255-S2