Natural Factors Coenzyme Q10, 60 mg, 120 Vegetarian Caps
CoQ10 is required by every cell in our body and is the key to chemical reactions that produce cellular energy. Just as an automobile engine with poor spark plugs chokes, sputters and dies, without enough CoQ10 (our cellular spark plug) our health can break down, resulting in all kinds of degenerative diseases. Studies show that CoQ10 may be effective for congestive heart failure, high blood pressure, some forms of cancer, and gum disease.
- Supports heart health and maintains normal heart function
- Potent antioxidant
- Free radical scavenger
- Promotes healthy gums
- Restores energy and vitality
Coenzyme Q10 (microorganism).............................. 60 mg
- While there are no known adverse drug interactions, many drugs adversely affect CoQ10 levels or CoQ10 is able to mitigate the side effects of the drug.
- There has been one case where CoQ10 interfered with warfarin (Coumadin). Consult with your health care practitioner if taking this drug.
- In addition to adriamycin (discussed above), many experts recommend supplementing CoQ10 at dosages ranging from 30 to 100 mg per day in people taking the following drugs to prevent side effects or the depletion of CoQ10 in body tissues:
- Cholesterol lowering drugs, such as atorvastatin (Lipitor); gemfibrozil (Lopid); lovastatin (Mevacor); pravastatin (Pravachol); simvastatin (Zocor), etc.
- Beta-blocker drugs used in angina, high blood pressure, and heart arrhythmias, such as acebutolol (Sectral); atenolol (Tenormin); carteolol (Cartrol); metoprolol (Lopressor, Toprol XL); penbutolol (Levatol); propanolol (Inderal); timolol (Blocarden), etc.
- Phenothiazine drugs used in various psychiatric disorders, such as chlorpromazine (Thorazine); fluphenazine (Permitil, Prolixin); mesoridazine (Serentil); trifluoperazine (Stelazine); etc.
- Tricyclic antidepressants, such as amitryptaline (Elavil, Endep); desipramine (Norpramin, Pertofrane); doxepin (Adapin, Sinequan); imipramine (Imavate, Presamine, Trofinil); nortryptaline (Aventyl, Pamelor); protryptaline (Vivactil); etc.
- CoQ10 also works synergistically with carnitine and pantethine.
Pregnancy and Nursing: Due to lack of studies, safety during pregnancy and lactation has not been determined. Consult your health care practitioner prior to use.
Seniors: No special precautions are known.
We Also Recommend
Webber Naturals Blueberry 36:1 Concentrate, 500 mg, 120 CapsulesWN3820
Webber Naturals Vitamin C Time Release 1000 mg 150 TabletsWN3272
Webber Naturals Omega-3 & CoQ10 with Plant Sterols 417/50/370mg, 200 softgelsWN5159
Webber Naturals Vitamin E 400 IU, 120 Softgels BonusWN3800