Natural Factors Chromium GTF, Chelated, 500mcg, 90 tablets
"Chromium works with insulin to drive sugar from your blood into the tissues of your body for use or storage. This mineral is so important in sugar tolerance that severe deficiencies of it cause a diabetes-like illness to develop" Eades, Mary Dan, The Doctor's Complete Guide to Vitamins and Minerals, 1994, The Philip Lief Group, Inc.
Chromium GTF (glucose tolerance factor) is a very easily absorbed form of chromium, naturally derived from yeast in the safe trivalent form. GTF chromium is naturally bound to glycine, glutamic acid, cysteine and niacin. In contrast, industrial chromium is in a hexavalent form and is toxic.
- Balances blood glucose levels
- Helps to curb sugar cravings
- May aid in the maintenance of healthy weight
Chromium (HVP chelate)............................................... 500 mcg
HVP: hydrolyzed vegetable protein (rice)
- Calcium carbonate and antacids may reduce chromium absorption.
- Chromium supplementation may increase the effectiveness of insulin and drugs that lower blood sugar levels in the treatment of diabetes.
- Consult a health care practitioner to discuss proper monitoring of blood sugar levels before taking a chromium supplement.
Pregnancy and Nursing: Considered safe during pregnancy and lactation.
Seniors: No special precautions are known.
We Also Recommend
(Promotional Item) Webber Naturals 6x Glucosamine & Chondroitin, Extra Strength, 900 mg, 300 capsWN5137-S6
(Promotion Item) 2x Webber Naturals Glucosamine Chondroitin 500/400mg, with Vitamin D3, 300 capsWN5255-S2
Webber Naturals SuperVision Herbal Formula with Lutein, Special 3-Pack, 600 capsWN7379-S3
(Promotion Item) 6x Webber Naturals Glucosamine Chondroitin 500/400mg, with Vitamin D3, 300 capsWN5255-S6