Natural Factors Calcium Factor +, 350mg, 90 tablets
Calcium citrate is very well absorbed, particularly if taken on an empty stomach and may be the preferred form of calcium, especially for those with low stomach acid. Studies show that mineral citrates have superior absorption, especially when taken on an empty stomach.
Calcium is required for strong bones, teeth and cardiac function. Calcium not only builds strong bones and teeth but maintains bone density and strength. It helps to regulate heartbeat, blood clotting, muscle contraction, and may prevent certain cancers.
Each tablet contains
Calcium citrate................................. 350 mg
Recommended Adult Dose
1–4 tablets daily or as directed by a health care practitioner.
- Aluminum-containing antacids are known to ultimately lead to an increase in bone breakdown and calcium excretion.
- The bone building drug etidronate (Didronel®) and tetracycline antibiotics should not be taken within 2 hours of calcium supplements as the calcium may decrease their effectiveness.
- Calcium supplementation may also reduce the effectiveness of the following drugs: digoxin, gallium nitrate (Ganite®), and phenytoin (Dilantin®).
- If you are taking any of these drugs, consult your health care practitioner before taking a calcium supplement.
Children: Proper calcium intake is very important during childhood. Calcium supplements are suitable for children at dosages up to the RDA:
- Infants – 0-0.5 year 400 mg, 0.5-1 year 600 mg
- Children – 1-3 years 800 mg, 4-6 years 800 mg, 7-10 years 800 mg
Magnesium is suitable for children at the level of the Recommended Dietary Allowance:
- Infants – 0-0.5 year 40 mg, 0.5-1 year 60 mg
- Children – 1-3 years 80 mg, 4-6 years 120 mg, 7-10 years 170 mg
Pregnancy and Nursing: It is especially important for pregnant and lactating women to receive enough calcium. Calcium supplementation is considered safe during pregnancy and lactation at dosages up to the RDA.
- Pregnancy 1,200 mg
- Lactating 1,200 mg
Seniors: No special precautions for calcium or magnesium are known.
NATVD.COM ships Natural Factors products directly from Canada. Customers from Hong Kong to Ireland & Sydney to Cape Town all have enjoyed our service. Natural Vitamin Direct is a trusted mail order distributor of Natural Factors products since 1997.
We Also Recommend
(Promotional Item) Webber Naturals 6x Glucosamine & Chondroitin, Extra Strength, 900 mg, 300 capsWN5137-S6
(Promotion Item) 2x Webber Naturals Glucosamine Chondroitin 500/400mg, with Vitamin D3, 300 capsWN5255-S2
(Promotional Item) Webber Naturals 2x Glucosamine & Chondroitin, Extra Strength, 900 mg, 300 capsWN5137-S2
Webber Naturals SuperVision Herbal Formula with Lutein, Special 3-Pack, 600 capsWN7379-S3