Natural Factors ApplePectinRich, 500mg, 90 capsules
Pectins are complex polysaccharides (fibres) present in the cell walls of plants and in the spaces between cell walls. Apples are an excellent source of pectin as they can contain from 10 to 20 percent pectin in dried apple pomace. The peel itself contains 15 percent pectin.
Natural Factors ApplePectinRich is derived from the whole apple, including the flesh, core and especially the peel, which concentrates pectin and other phytonutrients. Research shows that apple peels can contain from two to six times more phenolic compounds and two to three times more flavonoids when compared to the flesh.
- May lower blood glucose levels by slowing the absorption of dietary sugar
- Binds with harmful cholesterol and bile fats before they can be absorbed by the body, helping to reduce the risk of coronary artery disease
- Promotes a sense of fullness that may be helpful as part of a weight loss program
- May decrease beta-glucuronidase, a key enzyme in carcinogen activation and tumour initiation in the colon
- 16% apple pectin per capsule
- 100% apple goodness with no excipients
- 5 capsules of apple pectin powder equals one medium apple
- Includes full spectrum antioxidants found in apple
- High in fibre, containing 300 mg of fibre per 500 mg capsule
Apple pectin concentrate (Malus domestica) (fruit) (16% pectin)..........500 mg
- Pectin may decrease the absorption of prescription drugs therefore most experts recommend taking drugs at least three hours before or after taking a fibre supplement such as apple pectin.
- Pectin can reduce the absorption of minerals, so it is wise to take mineral supplements at least 45 minutes before or after taking apple pectin
- Apple pectin may cause loose stools and gas. As with any fibre supplement, start at a lower dosage and slowly work up. Always drink at least 8 ounces of water when supplementing with apple pectin.
Pregnancy and Nursing: Generally considered safe in pregnancy and lactation, especially if taken in moderate amounts. However, therapeutic doses of pectin should only be taken on the advice of a health care practitioner.
Seniors: No special precautions are known.
We Also Recommend
Webber Naturals Vitamin C Time Release 1000 mg 150 TabletsWN3272
Webber Naturals Blueberry 36:1 Concentrate, 500 mg, 120 CapsulesWN3820
Webber Naturals Omega-3 & CoQ10 with Plant Sterols 417/50/370mg, 200 softgelsWN5159
Webber Naturals Vitamin E 400 IU, 120 Softgels BonusWN3800