Natural Factors Acidophilus & Bifidus Double Strength, 90 caps
L .acidophilus produces lactic acid which keeps a proper pH balance in the small intestine, inhibiting yeast growth. Studies have show that L. acidophilus is effective in reducing lactose intolerance, inhibiting undesirable organisms in the intestine, reducing cholesterol levels and controlling diarrhea.
B. bifidus helps maintain health of the large intestine in both children and adults, promoting regular bowel movements, giving protection from yeast and bacterial pathogens such as E. coli, Clostridium and Shigella infections. Goat milk is an excellent environment for lactic bacteria because it helps beneficial bacteria proliferate. It also lacks a specific protein that is found in cows milk to which many people are allergic.
- May prevent antibiotic-induced diarrhea
- Promotes regular bowel movements
- Helps reduce cholesterol levels
- Keeps a proper pH balance in the small intestine
Each Capsule Contains:
10 billion active cells* of the following specially-cultured strains of probiotics:
Lactobacillus rhamnosus HA-111......................80%
8.0 billion cfu
Lactobacillus acidophilus HA-122 ....................10%
1.0 billion cfu
Bifidobacterium bifidum HA-132 ......................10%
1.0 billion cfu
cfu: colony forming units
Lactose, whey powder, powdered goat’s milk, gelatin capsule (gelatin, purified water), vegetable grade magnesium stearate (lubricant), pectin, ascorbic acid.
- Studies in humans indicate that lactobacillus preparations do not appear to interfere with the effectiveness of antibiotics, but may prevent antibiotic-induced diarrhea.
- If taking antibiotics wait 2 hours before ingesting probiotics.
- Exceedingly safe. However, be aware that there may be a period of digestive adjustment while the body adjusts to any new probiotic strain.
- As well, the superior 'attacking' power of L. rhamnosus against negative bacteria and yeast may temporarily release more toxins, resulting in flu-like symptoms.
- If this happens, just cut back on the dosage until the toxins are removed from the body. Gradually return to your usual dosage.
Pregnancy and Nursing: Generally regarded as safe for use during pregnancy and lactation.
Seniors: No special precautions are known.
We Also Recommend
(Promotional Item) Webber Naturals 6x Glucosamine & Chondroitin, Extra Strength, 900 mg, 300 capsWN5137-S6
(Promotion Item) 6x Webber Naturals Glucosamine Chondroitin 500/400mg, with Vitamin D3, 300 capsWN5255-S6
(Promotion Item) 2x Webber Naturals Glucosamine Chondroitin 500/400mg, with Vitamin D3, 300 capsWN5255-S2
Webber Naturals SuperVision Herbal Formula with Lutein, Special 3-Pack, 600 capsWN7379-S3