SISU Vitamin D3 2,500 IU, 120 softgels
Vitamin D is produced naturally when our skin is exposed to strong sunlight. However, in the Northern Hemisphere this type of natural light is not available during much of the year, leaving roughly 30% of all Canadians with insufficient levels of vitamin D. Groups including seniors, people with darker skin, vegans and those on a low-protein diet may be at an even greater risk for deficiency. Numerous clinical studies illustrate the importance of adequate vitamin D levels in promoting immune health, reducing risk of respiratory and other infections, and preventing various chronic health conditions. Health professionals in Canada estimate that increased vitamin D blood levels would reduce incidence of osteoporosis, cardiovascular diseases, pneumonia, and other serious conditions.
Supplemental vitamin D at the 1,000 IU dosage has been proven safe for all ages, even infants. Taking into account the higher daily doses (5,000 IU or more) that can be safely recommended by a doctor, Health Canada has raised the maximum daily oral intake level in a supplement to 2,500 IU for adults. Doses like this have been clinically shown to improve osteoporosis-related bone health, as well as reduce risk of viral infection. Such doses have also been linked with reductions in disease risk and mortality in both obese and non-overweight individuals
• 2,500 IU of vitamin D, the maximum allowed in a Canadian supplement • Preferred vitamin D3 form (cholecalciferol), derived from lanolin from sheep’s wool
• Vitamin D is essential to calcium and phosphorus absorption and helps support bone density and reduce fractures
• Formulated to help reduce vitamin D deficiency in people who live in Northern climates, avoid the sun or regularly use sunblock, as well as seniors, people with darker skin, vegetarians & those on a low-protein diet
• Adequate vitamin D levels support immune health, reduce risk for respiratory and other infections, and help prevent various chronic health conditions
• Tiny tablets, or small, easy-to-swallow softgels in a non-GMO soybean oil base
EACH SOFTGEL CONTAINS:
Medicinal ingredient: Vitamin D . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 62.5 mcg (2,500 IU) (cholecalciferol)
Non-medicinal ingredients: gelatin, glycerin, soybean oil, water. Contains no dairy or gluten.
Adult dosage: Adults 18 years and older, take one (1) softgel per day. To be taken with an adequate intake of calcium. Consult a health care practitioner for use beyond 6 months.
Available in: 60 | 120 SOFTGELS
We Also Recommend
Webber Naturals SuperVision Herbal Formula with Lutein, Special 3-Pack, 600 capsWN7379-S3
(Promotion Item) 6x Webber Naturals Glucosamine Chondroitin 500/400mg, with Vitamin D3, 300 capsWN5255-S6
(Promotional Item) Webber Naturals 6x Glucosamine & Chondroitin, Extra Strength, 900 mg, 300 capsWN5137-S6
(Promotion Item) 2x Webber Naturals Glucosamine Chondroitin 500/400mg, with Vitamin D3, 300 capsWN5255-S2