Natural Factors Vitamin B-12 Methylcobalamin, 1000mcg, bonus 210 Sublingual tablets
Vitamin B12 works with folic acid to control homocysteine levels. Research shows that high levels of homocysteine may dramatically increase the risk of heart disease and stroke. However, many of us may not be absorbing the vitamin B12 as effectively from food as we could and others, such as vegetarians, may develop outright deficiencies in this important vitamin. Studies show that supplemental vitamin B12 can help us in other ways, too.
Many elderly people suffering from neurological impairment find that B12 supplementation greatly improves their cognitive function. Published studies show that vitamin B12 in supplement form is absorbed better by elderly people than vitamin B12 that is bound to food.
Shift workers, too, can benefit from sublingual methylcobalamin. It’s well established that shift workers have more trouble falling asleep and staying asleep. Poor sleep quality is probably why they have greater susceptibility to illnesses and have more accidents than other sectors of the population.
In a recent study, subjects taking methylcobalamin experience improved sleep quality and increased daytime alertness and concentration, and in some cases they also reported improved mood. Much of the benefit appears to be a result of methylcobalamin’s influence on melatonin secretion and resetting the biological clock. Specifically, methylcobalamin causes a significant decrease in daytime melatonin levels while increasing nighttime levels.
B12 methylcobalamin makes adrenaline from norepinephrine, and melatonin from serotonin. It is crucial for the transcription of DNA, and other entities. To convert harmful homocysteine into the beneficial antioxidant, methionine, a methyl group is required. Methylcobalamin provides it thereby protecting your cardiac system.
- Supports the nervous system
- Helps memory and learning
- Boosts energy
- Helps control homocysteine levels
- Promotes a healthy cardiovascular system
- Enhances immune system function
- Effectively supports brain and nerve function.
- May help in the treatment of sleep-wake disorders
- May improve daytime alertness in shift-workers and the elderly
- Derived from vegetable sources, it is an excellent source of vitamin B12 for vegetarians
Vitamin B12 (methylcobalamin)............1000 mcg
- The following drugs can interfere with the absorption or utilization of vitamin B12: antibiotics, Aldomet®, Atromid-S®, Azidothymidine (AZT), Azulfidine®, birth control pills, Cimetidine (Tagamet®), Metformin (Glucophage®), Isoniazid (Laniazid®), Pepcid®, Prevacid®, Prilosec®, Ranitidine (Zantac®).
Pregnancy and Nursing: Vitamin B12 supplementation is generally regarded as safe during pregnancy and lactation. However, therapeutic dosages, such as found in stand-alone vitamins, should only be used under the direction of a health care practitioner. The best dosage of vitamin B12 is found in specially-designed prenatal vitamins.
Seniors: No special precautions are known.
We Also Recommend
Webber Naturals Vitamin B6, B12 and Folic Acid, 120capsWN3813
[Promotional Item] 3x Webber Naturals B12, 1000 mcg Sublingual (Methylcobalamin), 80 Tablets Bonus PackWN3814-S3
Jamieson B12 1000 mcg Sublingual 150 tabsJL7957