Natural Factors Sleep Relax, 90 caps
Valerian is renowned for its calming effect on adults and children alike. The principal active constituent in valerian is the volatile oil. A standardized extract ensures effectiveness as a sedative herb.
Passionflower"has been shown to make a non-addictive sedative that relaxes the nervous system. Passion flower seems especially helpful when physical or mental strain results in insomnia or stress."1
It seems to have a refreshing effect on the nervous system, and it is mild enough to be used for children. Michael Weiner, herbalist and author, suggests that: "Passiflora incarnata may be our best tranquilizer yet. The dried leaves and stems both induce a natural sleep and calm hyperactive people...Physicians could well recommend this plant to patients who want to wean themselves from synthetic sleeping pills and tranquilizers."2
Hops are helpful for nervous disorders, anxious overwrought states, and insomnia. Hops are used for their sedative properties in many European countries.
Skullcap is a nervine tonic and a slow but steady nervous system restorative.
- Keville, Kathi: Herbs, An Illustrated Encyclopedia: A Complete Culinary, Cosmetic, Medicinal, and Ornamental Guide, 1994, Michael Friedman Publishing
- Weiner, Michael, A. Weiner's Herbal: the Guide to Herb Medicine, 2nd edition, 1990, Quantum Books
- All natural sleep aid
- Helps calm nervous system
- Soothes anxiety and stress
- Promotes a restful sleep
Valerian (Valeriana officinalis) (solid extract 1:5) .................100 mg
Skullcap powder (Scutellaria lateriflora) ..............................100 mg
Passion flower (Passiflora incarnata) (solid extract 1:4) .........50 mg
Hops (Humulus lupulus) powder.............................................50 mg
Hops (Humulus lupulus) (solid extract 1:5) .............................25 mg
- Given the mechanism of action of valerian involves the same sort of receptor sites as benzodiazepine drugs, valerian should not be used in combination with these drugs unless being supervised by a health care practitioner.
- Examples of benzodiazepine drugs: Valium®, Dalmane®, Halcyon®, Restoril®.
- These drugs are commonly prescribed for insomnia and anxiety.
- This formula also contains passionflower. Many herbalists caution against using passionflower in anyone taking an antidepressant drug.
- Theoretically, passion flower may enhance the effects of monoamine oxidase inhibitors, selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors, and tricyclic antidepressants.
- Consult your health care practitioner prior to use.
Pregnancy and Nursing: As the effects of this formula during pregnancy and lactation have not been sufficiently evaluated, it should not be used during these times.
Seniors: No special precautions are known.
We Also Recommend
Webber Naturals SuperVision Herbal Formula with Lutein, Special 3-Pack, 600 capsWN7379-S3
(Promotional Item) Webber Naturals 6x Glucosamine & Chondroitin, Extra Strength, 900 mg, 300 capsWN5137-S6
(Promotion Item) 6x Webber Naturals Glucosamine Chondroitin 500/400mg, with Vitamin D3, 300 capsWN5255-S6
(Promotion Item) 2x Webber Naturals Glucosamine Chondroitin 500/400mg, with Vitamin D3, 300 capsWN5255-S2