Natural Factors Celery Seed Extract, 60 capsules
3nB was discovered as the active component of celery in response to investigations by researchers seeking to explain some of the medicinal effects of celery including the lowering of blood pressure, the relief of arthritis and especially gout.
- Aids to lower blood pressure
- Reduces water retention
- Reduces the pain associated with arthritis, fibromyalgia and gout
Celery seed (Apium graveolens) .....................75 mg
(Standardized to 85% 3-n-butylphthalide calculated as total phthalides)
- The benefit of celery seed extract in high blood pressure is its apparent safety and the fact that it has a very unusual mechanism of action as a diuretic.
- Most diuretics change the ratio of sodium to potassium in the blood and as a result, dangerous side effects can occur as a result of either too much potassium or sodium.
- In contrast, celery seed extract acts as a diuretic but does not alter the ratio of sodium to potassium in the blood.
- No other contraindications are presently known.
- Persons taking the drug Coumadin (warfarin) should be closely monitored by their health care practitioner when starting to use celery extract as a precautionary measure.
Pregnancy and Nursing: Since the effects of celery seed extract have not been evaluated for safety in pregnancy, it is generally recommended that it should not be used during pregnancy or lactation.
Seniors: No special precautions are known.
We Also Recommend
(Promotional Item) Webber Naturals 6x Glucosamine & Chondroitin, Extra Strength, 900 mg, 300 capsWN5137-S6
(Promotion Item) 2x Webber Naturals Glucosamine Chondroitin 500/400mg, with Vitamin D3, 300 capsWN5255-S2
(Promotional Item) Webber Naturals 2x Glucosamine & Chondroitin, Extra Strength, 900 mg, 300 capsWN5137-S2
Webber Naturals SuperVision Herbal Formula with Lutein, Special 3-Pack, 600 capsWN7379-S3