Natural Factors BioCGel, bonus 210 softgels
Alarmingly, one out of every four North Americans does not even get the bare minimum RDA for vitamin C needed to perform basic cellular functions. In one study, 70% of ailing elderly people had white blood cells deficient in vitamin C.
Most of the vitamin C supplements available are in the ascorbic acid form. Although this form can be readily absorbed by most people, it can cause gastrointestinal problems, such as abdominal pain or diarrhea for those with a sensitive stomach. This can make vitamin C less effective and bioavailable. Bioavailability refers to the degree in which a nutrient (or drug) becomes available to the target tissue after it has been administered. Mineral salts of ascorbic acid (mineral ascorbates) are buffered, and therefore, less acidic. Because of this, mineral ascorbates are often recommended to people who experience gastrointestinal problems with plain ascorbic acid. When mineral salts of ascorbic acid are taken, both the ascorbic acid and the mineral appear to be well absorbed.
BerryRich is also included in this formula. It is an ORAC-rich, full-spectrum antioxidant blend from berries and other fruits including: grape, pomegranate, strawberry, cranberry, blueberry, raspberry, and bilberry. All of these foods are rich in vitamin C, flavonoids and other beneficial phytonutrients that have been shown to slow aging, protect cellular health and reduce risk for serious and chronic diseases.
- Gentle on the stomach
- Highly bioavailable
- Promotes healthy aging
- Potent antioxidant
- Supports a healthy heart
- Provides cold and flu prevention
- Powerful stress support
- Protects cells against damage that can lead to disease
- Asthma and bronchitis prevention
- Supports healthy eye function and offers cataract prevention
- Male fertility protection
Vitamin C (calcium ascorbate)...............................................500 mg
BerryRichTM ORAC 3000 ....................................................50 mg
Proprietary fruit blend of: Grape (Vitis vinifera), pomegranate (Punica granatum), strawberry (Fragaria vesca), cranberry (Vaccinium macrocarpon), blueberry (Vaccinium corymbosum), raspberry (Rubus idaeus), bilberry (Vaccinium myrtillus).
Citrus bioflavonoids (Citrus sinensis) (peel) .............................4 mg
- Vitamin C may increase the absorption of aluminum from aluminum-containing antacids such as ALternaGEL®, Amphojel®, Basaljel®, Nephrox®, Maalox®, and Mylanta®. Take vitamin C at least 2 hours before or after taking one of these products.
- Certain medicines, such as antibiotics, blood thinners and aspirin may interact with vitamin C. Consult your health care practitioner prior to use if you are on any medications. Some interactions may increase the need for vitamin C, other interactions may be negative.
- As this product may contain citrus bioflavonoids, there is one caution: bioflavonoids are non-toxic so drug interactions are virtually unknown; however, citrus bioflavonoids contain grapefruit flavonoids that may interact with certain medications. The reason that grapefruit is problematic with certain drugs is that it contains high levels of a flavonoid (plant pigment) called naringin. This substance reduces the activity of a group of P450 enzymes known as CYP3A enzymes.
- Your body uses these enzymes to break down certain drugs, such as calcium channel blockers (used in the treatment of high blood pressure), sedatives (for example, midazolam), cyclosporin (an immune suppressant given to people who have received organ transplants) and statins (lipid-lowering drugs). If the drugs are not metabolized, they remain in the body in higher concentrations, increasing the risk of unwanted toxic effects. If taking these drugs, be aware of this effect and consult your health care practitioner.
Pregnancy and Nursing: Suitable for pregnant and lactating women.
Seniors: No special precautions known.
We Also Recommend
Webber Naturals SuperVision Herbal Formula with Lutein, Special 3-Pack, 600 capsWN7379-S3
(Promotion Item) 6x Webber Naturals Glucosamine Chondroitin 500/400mg, with Vitamin D3, 300 capsWN5255-S6
(Promotional Item) Webber Naturals 6x Glucosamine & Chondroitin, Extra Strength, 900 mg, 300 capsWN5137-S6
(Promotion Item) 2x Webber Naturals Glucosamine Chondroitin 500/400mg, with Vitamin D3, 300 capsWN5255-S2