- Natural antibacterial, antiseptic, and antifungal “first-aid kit”
- Relieves a wide range of minor skin ailments
- Ideal size for purse, backpack, or gym bag, and to take camping, boating, or hiking
- 100% pure tea tree oil, with minimum content of 30% of terpinen-4-ol
- Safely and gently obtained through steam distillation
- Free from chemicals, preservatives, herbicides, pesticides, fumigation, and irradiation procedures
Each mL (20 drops) contains:
Tea Tree Oil (Melaleuca alternifolia) (leaf) 100% Pure
The tea tree (Melaleuca alternifolia) has been used in traditional medicine for thousands of years. Tea tree essential oil is both an antiseptic and antimicrobial, shown to help relieve minor cuts and scrapes, microbial and fungal infections, including athlete's foot, fungal nail-bed infection and yeast infections, soothe insect bites, and alleviate a wide range of skin conditions, including acne and dandruff.
Of all the plant chemicals that make up tea tree oil, terpinen-4-ol is the main active antimicrobial compound. It disinfects and protects against microbes by causing damage to the cell membranes of pathogens so that they are unable to multiply and cause disease. Tea tree oil is especially valuable as an antimicrobial because unlike traditional antibiotics, it does not appear to lead to resistant bacteria.
Holista Tea Tree Oil from Holista is 100% pure tea tree oil gently extracted from tea tree leaves using steam distillation to preserve the essential oil’s active ingredients. Use it as a natural cleaning product on surfaces to disinfect, or as a first aid antiseptic on cuts and scrapes. The convenient small size makes it ideal for use in the home, as well as for handy on-the-go first aid. Tea tree oil also makes an excellent natural insect repellent.